Booking Terms & Conditions
Confirmation of your booking by submission of a booking form and the payment of a deposit / full amount is a legal commitment to acceptance of these Terms and Conditions so please ensure you read them carefully before making your booking. We recommend that you arrange your own cancellation insurance to provide cover in the event of unforeseen circumstances causing cancellation of your booking.
For agency bookings e.g. via Holiday Lettings, please refer to their Terms and Conditions which apply in addition to those below.
The booking period is from 4 p.m. on the day of your arrival to 10 a.m. on the morning of your departure unless otherwise agreed.
Reservations & Bookings
- Bookings must be confirmed, and followed up within 24 hours with a non refundable Booking Deposit of £100 (or full payment if within 6 weeks of rental date), and a completed booking form
- The balance is due in full no later than six weeks prior to your arrival date
- If you are booking less than 6 weeks from the rental date the full amount is payable (last-minute bookings are payable in full by bank transfer or PayPal)
- Non-payment by the due date will be treated as a cancellation and the owners may re-let the property without reference to the Client
- A refundable deposit of £100 is payable at time of booking. This will be returned within 10 days of departure subject to any deductions for breakages / damage to the property. This can be paid either by bank transfer, PayPal or guaranteed cheque
- The hirer is responsible for the condition of the property and its entire contents during the hire period – the hirer will be responsible for the full cost of repairs, replacement or any exceptional cleaning necessitated by the negligent act or omission of any of your party. If necessary this may include an administration charge
- Please report any damage, loss or breakage as they occur
- The hirer shall leave the property in a clean and tidy condition prior to vacating it
- The Hirer undertakes to leave the hired premises secure if left unoccupied during the period of let
- Booking cancellations must be confirmed in writing
- Deposits (and payments made within 6 weeks of rental date) are non-refundable, and the balance is still payable on the due date
- The owners will make every effort to re-let the property and if successful, will be pleased to refund the applicable portion less a £50 administration fee
- If the owners have to cancel your booking for any reason, a full refund will be given. The owners will have no further liability to the visitor or to any other party. In such circumstances the owners will make every effort to give as much notice as possible and endeavour to locate alternative accommodation
The hirer accepts that the property is let for the purposes of a holiday and so accepts that the letting is a holiday let to which Section 12(2) and paragraph 8 to Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply, namely, "a tenancy the purpose of which is to confer on the tenant the right to occupy the house for a holiday."
- The number of persons occupying or visiting the property must not, at any time exceed that stated on the booking form without prior consent from the owners
- The hirer may not sublet all or part of the accommodation
- The person who returns the booking form is responsible for all occupants and their guests
Children are very welcome. Parents are responsible for the safety and supervision of any children staying or visiting the property at all times. Children under the age of 14 must not be left unsupervised in the property.
We accept pets in the holiday accommodation subject to some conditions – please contact us to discuss.
There is a no smoking policy within the building.
As far as the law allows, the owners take no responsibility for loss, damage, injury or illness to the hirer, any of the party or visitors during the occupancy period arising from any causes whatsoever. In signing the Booking Form you agree to indemnify the owners against loss, damage or injury sustained to the property or persons from any deliberate or negligent act or omission by the hirer or any member of the party. The owners cannot accept responsibility for any personal property belonging to the hirer and their visitors. All vehicles and property are left at the persons own risk.
Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable holiday. If, however, you have cause for complaint, we are anxious that remedial action is taken as quickly as possible. It is essential you contact the owners so that any complaints can be speedily resolved. No compensation will be made or correspondence entered into in connection with complaints raised after the property has been vacated.
The owners reserve the right to terminate the contract at any time or to remove person or persons due to unreasonable behaviour or damage to the property that may cause annoyance or offence to other parties. In such cases any refund will be at the discretion of the owners. The owners reserve the right to enter the property at any reasonable time.
The owners reserve the right to alter or improve any of the subjects and amend or update our prices, and website without notice. In case of any discrepancies please be sure to check directly with the owners. All rights Reserved.